Tuesday, March 25, 2008

There Will Be Blood


I recently stumbled on some reviews of this movie on rottentomatoes.com and I still don't understand the movie. I loved No Country For Old Men because the movie was cool; hitmen, psychopaths and a shotgun with a silencer. I didn't understand There Will Be Blood. It didn't feel like a movie to me. I understood Daniel more than you know so I don't understand what was so remarkable about a film about him. It didn't have a point. I already understood the guy so why a movie about him?

Maybe I'm a little bit different. I emphasize with Hannibal Lecter's penchant for elevating rudeness as a faux pas punishable by death. I emphasize with Daniel's ruthlessness and disdain for that preacher. I am afraid of turning into a fundamentalist but with fanaticism for elitism instead of an outdated rulebook.

3 comments:

  1. finally got to see the infamous There Will Be Blood... Daniel-Day Lewis takes well to the overbearing, violent father-figure role -- he also did this in Gangs of New York.

    ReplyDelete